[Vm-dev] Closure conversion in 3.10

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 18:34:01 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Eliot -
>
> I've just successfully converted a 3.10.2 image to closures (see follow-on
> message to Squeak-dev). In the process, the following three problems
> occurred:
>
> 1) DecompilerTests is not present in 3.10 and PreRecompilationPatches.st
> doesn't load unless you remove the modification to DecompilerTests.
>
> 2) #isMessageNode is not understood by ParseNode or MessageNode but sent in
> the recompilation process. I'm not sure where this is coming from (or where
> it should be); it could be a bug in 3.10.
>
> 3) Recompilation of Preferences results in spurious ERROR listings in the
> transcript during recompilation. Again, no idea where this comes from.
>
> Other than that the conversion went entirely flawless.

Thanks!  Usage is building.  I got the following classic bug from Lukas
Renggli this a.m. (I don't have a fix yet)

 | col |
  col := OrderedCollection new.
  1 to: 11 do: [ :each | col add: [ each ] ].
   col collect: [ :each | each value ])

answers #(12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12) instead of #(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11).

(Sigh...)

Cheers,
 - Andreas