[Vm-dev] Compiling squeak-vm for Linux 64bit

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Mar 17 13:47:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 08:37:00AM +0100, Jos? L. Redrejo Rodr?guez wrote:

> And many other places using Debian Edu now know of Squeak and, whenever
> they want to use a good ltsp server for the classes, they can not use
> Squeak. So, from my point of view, at least fixing sound and pango is
> urgent in 64 bits VMs, as both things are used by default in the etoys
> image. Fixing the browser plugin should be done also for all the archs,
> obviously.

Jos??,

Thank you for bringing this up. It's good to know that this is important,
and as you can see, most of us on this list were not aware of the interest.

For my part, I will try to resolve the issues on 64-bit sound and pango
when I get some free time. But this will not be until April because I will
be away on vacation until then. And of course I am just a hobby hacker so
don't expect too much right away ;)