[Vm-dev] SurfacePlugin questions (reference Mantis 7344)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue May 5 04:03:50 UTC 2009

I'm starting to look at RomePlugin for Mantis 7344 (When pango rendering
preference is used, the vm segfaults in linux 64 bits). RomePlugin uses
SurfacePlugin, which has some pointer-as-int issues to be sorted out.
So two questions:

1) Am I right in thinking that the surface handles in SurfacePlugin
will always be C pointers of one type or another, hence can be declared
as (void *) rather than int?

2) If the above change is propagated through the code, how many plugins
are effected? I see RomePlugin, ExampleSurfacePlugin, QuickTimePlugin,
and B3DAcceleratorPlugin, but are there others e.g. for Croquet?

Thanks,