[Vm-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] New Pharo based on core 10309 with antialiased fonts

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:09:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> On 20.05.2009, at 14:33, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>> Thanks. BTW, the reason why I'm asking is that I've been using the
>>> Truetype stuff in the past and I don't recall the need for bitblt mods. Is
>>> there a possibility that once upon a time there was a need for this and now
>>> there no longer is? The date on the changeset is 2004...
>>>

>> IIRC this is for sub-pixel font rendering support and was never officially
>> integrated. With current bitblt you do nit git sub-pixel AA.
>>

> Err ... that should have been "you do not get" of course.

What I love about typoes (I commit them at a huge rate being a hunt-and-peck
typist) is what they say about the brain.  In "nit" it could be that "i" was
an accuracy error because "o" is right next to it, but that the "i" in "git"
was somehow repeating the mistake even though "e" is on the other side of
the keyboard.  Or, as Andreas thinks, "nit git" came from thinking "bitblt".
Or...