[Vm-dev] squeak on opensolaris 2009.06

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Nov 7 21:52:39 UTC 2009

>>>>> "John" == John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> writes:

John> However this likely isn't your problem since you have a socket open  for
John> listen?
John> Assuming your
John> cf65d1d6 select   (8, 8047a50, 80479d0, 8047950, 8047948, 80f94e0) + 78
John> means 8 file/socket descriptors in use?

I suspect it does.

John> The other issue of course is if the image has the patch applied for  the
John> process lockup issue if the
John> image is running as a headless server, and you toggled the server  mode, aka

John> Preferences togglePreference: #serverMode

John> That of course depends on what the image heritage is.

I'm using Squeak 3.10.2-trunk as of today, with the latest RFB from squeak
source, and it *does* work headful(? as in non-headless :-) on my laptop.  I
didn't switch any preference bits before uploading it.  Should I have?

What is the purpose of #serverMode?