[Vm-dev] squeak on opensolaris 2009.06

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Nov 8 20:17:14 UTC 2009

>>>>> "John" == John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> writes:

John> Mmm well then you are into following the procedures as outlined in
John> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-July/119023.html

John> setup the message tracing and process stack stump logic in a VM and
John> use that to figure out why the VM is not responding.

I've launched Squeak successfully in VirtualBox running OpenSolaris
2009.06, using the squeakvm.org's Solaris binaries and the 3.10.2-trunk
image.

However, every time it tries to open a socket, I get:

  sqConnectToPort: Interrupted system call.

for valid connections, and

  sqConnectToPort: Connection refused

for non-existing ports.

This may be related to the new returns possible from poll(), the
same thing that broke Apache.