[Vm-dev] Setting up a VMMaker image

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 07:20:19 UTC 2009

2009/11/11 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>:

>>> Yeah.
>>> The solution is to change the main makefile to include
>>> 'makefile.extras' (if it exists), which should be located in plugin
>>> dirs,
>>> so in such  'makefile.extras' one could write:
>>>
>>> STDLIBS += ../platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/freetype.a
>>>
>>> but i don't remember the syntax for file inclusion, and not sure that
>>> make utility in Win32-Tools-1.2.zip  supports includes.
>>
>> This exists and is actually already used by the external build of the
>> FT2Plugin (see platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/Makefile). The issue is
>> that a custom Makefile isn't included by default for the main VM build
>> (because it includes Makefile.plugin in return) so it's a bit of classic
>> recursive Makefile invocation / inclusion nightmare. Are there any decent
>> alternatives to make these days? (by "decent" I mean small and to the point,
>> not requiring megabytes of additional installation crap)
>>
> no no.. include but not call.

oh ... wait , i see FT2Plugin uses include already :)

well, if all custom makefiles were ment to be included into main
makefile at first place, then you won't need
to include the Makefile.plugin in
platforms/win32/plugins/FT2Plugin/Makefile, isnt?

Concerning alternatives, we having OSProcess... so it is possibly to
write and run a build process (or just generate a makefiles)
using VMMaker. I think this would be much better, simpler & leaner
comparing to hand-crafted makefiles with ugly & bogus syntax, shell
discrepancies and so on... :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.