[Vm-dev] Managed to compile "something" for Android...

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 27 12:38:09 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:58:24AM +0100, G?ran Krampe wrote:

> But hey, some kind of progress! :) I should probably add a "-g" to the
> build and see if I can get more info. All hints on gdb tricks appreciated.

Hi G?ran,

Yes you need to use -g. When you run cmake/configure, give it the argument
"--CFLAGS=-g" to make this happen. Run "platforms/cmake/configure --help"
for an explanation.

You can copy the compiled files into some temporary directory, then run
your VM under gdb in that directory. So for example (using Linux as the
example to get the idea across) if you had compiled the VM and installed
it in /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.11.5-2145, you could do something like this:

  $ mkdir tmp
  $ cd tmp
  $ ln -s ../../SqueakV39.sources .
  $ cp /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.11.5-2145/* .
  $ gdb ./squeakvm
  (gdb) set args ../myimage.image
  (gdb) wh 20
  (gdb) r