[Vm-dev] RFC: Unix 3.11.3-2116 VM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 9 00:57:52 UTC 2009

I would be much too embarassed to admit how much time I spent poking around
in gdb trying to figure out why the vm-display-X11 module was not loading on
my 64 bit linux before it finally occurred to me that I should read the instructions
and run platforms/unix/cmake/configure instead of platforms/unix/config/configure.

So I'm not going to admit to that, it probably never happened. But just on the off
chance that there might actually be *other* people dumb enough to do such a thing,
I'm going to suggest adding this to the top of platforms/unix/config/configure:

  echo platforms/unix/config/configure is obsolete, please use platforms/unix/cmake/configure
  exit

sheepishly,