[Vm-dev] New Windows VM: 4.0.1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 6 18:32:57 UTC 2010

On 06.04.2010, at 19:35, John M McIntosh wrote:

> For scratch on the macintosh I had added a SqueakQuitOnQuitAppleEvent info.plist entry (in current VM).
> So that if we see a quit application apple event which is the result of doing 'quit' via the dock, or shutdown, or logout.
> The we just blow the VM away.
>
> This was acceptable for the scratch folks...
> Obviously a Squeak developer thinks he should get a chance to say yes/no save my image...
>
> I could look into making it a close window type of event and see what happens if there is interest?

There is interest :)

I'd expect the "Quit" entry from the Dock or the menu bar to be equivalent to hitting the window close box.

For shutdown/logout I'd want a different event, if possible. A window-close event would be okay, too, but at least on the XO I need to respond to the "session logic" too. Or no, strike that, actually it would be fine to deliver a window-close request.

Thanks :)

- Bert -