[Vm-dev] Questions, communication and process

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:23:18 UTC 2010

Hi vm guys,

I would like to know the process to report problems, issues, enh to the vm because people asked me
and I have no idea how this is done. I read the web site but I could not find a bugtracker.

Several questions:
	- How do people report problems? Just sending an email in the mailing-list is enough?
	- How a fix in one OS is propagated to the others?
	- How the user can know that?

I read that on http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/download.html

If you're having problems...

	• If it's a general problem of installation or bizarre behaviour, ask for help on the Squeak VM mailing list. If you are not already subscribed, you can browse the list archives and/or subscribe online.
It is a bad idea to send VM problem reports to the general-purpose 'squeak-dev' mailing list. There is no guarantee that anyone involved with VM development and maintenance will ever read your message.
	• If it's a Unix-specific problem that you think might be a bug, please report it to the above mailing list and send me email. (The former ensures others know of your problem, and the latter ensures I will address your problem promptly.) If you have a fix to submit, please send me complete modified files (not 'diffs').
	• Suggestions for improvements to this page or to the way Unix Squeak is distributed are also welcome. Send email to me at the above address.
If you find bugs in this web site (broken links or bad formatting in a particular browser) then please tell me about it. Thanks!

Thanks for your time.

Stef