[Vm-dev] 4.0.3.2196 for Unix

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 12 23:36:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 01:48:32PM +0200, laurent laffont wrote:

> I tend to think that if it's really a libuuid problem the VM would crash
> whether UUIDPlugin is built Internal or External.

Hi Laurent,

This bug is documented on Mantis
  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7358

Can you confirm that the bug does *not* exist when you build the plugin
as internal, and that it *does" exist if you build it external on the
same platform. It would be a big help to know if this is the case.

My impression up until now is that this is a bug in the runtime libuuid
library, and that it has something to do with running a program with
pthreads (i.e. it does not happen with a simple test program). But I
have never actually seen the bug on my own system, so I'm guessing based
on some google searches and the information that I read on the Pharo list.

Thanks!