[Vm-dev] Re: UUID as internal (was 4.0.3.2196 for Unix)

Ian Piumarta piumarta at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 14 20:24:58 UTC 2010

Hi Eliot,

I know you don't often read anything I write, but please read the next
paragraph...

On Apr 14, 2010, at 11:55 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> but what's the libtool command for making the external UUID plugin?

Maybe you are using the word "libtool" 'generically'?  Since September
last year there is NO libtool, nor any other autotools, in the Unix
build process.

To answer your question: the link command on Linux for shared
libraries in the VM looks like this

/usr/bin/gcc  -fPIC  YOUR-CMAKE_C_FLAGS-HERE   -shared -Wl,-
soname,YOUR-MODULE-NAME-HERE -o YOUR-MODULE-NAME-HERE  YOUR-OBJECT-
FILES-HERE  -lYOUR-REQUIRED-LIBS-HERE...

Whatever Laurent passes to --CFLAGS= will appear in the YOUR-
CMAKE_C_FLAGS-HERE.  -Wl,-Bsymbolic, for example.

Regards,
Ian