[Vm-dev] InputSemaphore on Windows

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 00:51:55 UTC 2010

On 16 April 2010 01:18, Henrik Sperre Johansen
<henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:

>  Is there a reason why this isn't signalled when inputSemaphoreIndex > 0?
>
> In sqWin32Window.c, the comment for synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex
> looks somewhat scary...
> But looking at the svn logs, it seems it never was used in the
> record...Event() functions at all, so I wondered if a problem was
> encountered before svn was in use that lead to its removal, or if it's just
> not done by default?

This function is not called, because recordXXXEvent() is already synchronous
because VM calls handleEvents(), and during that, no interpreter
activity is possible,
so it is safe to modify an input semaphore state directly.
The synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex() is used only for cases,
when you need to signal a
semaphore from other thread, than interpreter runs in.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.