[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Pinning GC

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:24:25 UTC 2010

(moving to the vm list)

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Ang BeePeng <beepeng86 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Is pinning GC easy to do? Have anyone done that?

I'm not sure its easy, but I don't think it's particularly hard.  I think
its certainly doable.  And it is something I very much want to do soon as it
will make the threaded FFI Cog VM I've done much more scalable.  No, I've
not even started on it yet.  But it will be part of the new object
representation (much simpler class access) GC I also want to do.

Sorry I don't yet have anything to show.

best
Eliot