[Vm-dev] Linux vm

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Aug 22 00:19:48 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Is there a way to get the pre-compiled linux vm to describe what the full path is to a library it is trying to load?    I can hack the source to do so, but then I start wondering what I might have disturbed in the process.  Out of the box, all I get is an external library with a nil handle and no clue what did or did not happen.

At various points in my struggle today, I saw what looked like a tendency to load plugins from the vmpath//so.pluginName (two slashes rather than one).  It raises the question of whether the code is adding an extra slash when it is not given an explicit plugins path??  The separate concern is that I need information about what is happening when one of my libraries fails to load.

One possibility is that a particular .so can't load.  How would I find out whether that this is case?  Is there a way to test load it or to get the vm to tell me the cause of a failure to load it?

Bill