[Vm-dev] with permission I would like to claim slots 35 & 37 in the special objects array...

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:31:20 UTC 2010

Hi All,

    these two slots are the unused MethodContext and BlockContext
prototypes.  They're either side of class BlockClosure.  I'd like to use one
of them for threaded callbacks (the foreign callback process slot, upon
which a callback from a foreign thread can be run) and keep another in
reserve.  In Smalltalk these are indices 36 & 38 in
SmalltalkImage>>recreateSpecialObjectsArray.  Objections, encouragements,
alternatives?

best
Eliot