[Vm-dev] [ANN] New Smalltalk VM Beginners mailing list

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:43:44 UTC 2010

Hi everybody.

We want to announce that we've created a mailing list called "Smalltalk VM
Beginners" where all the people interested in VM can share knowledge. The
aim of this mailing list is create a good and positive energy and spread the
knowledge around the Squeak VM. If you always wanted to know something

on the VM but never dare to ask, join the mailing-list, may be we will not
know it but we will try hard to learn it together.

The idea is that we can help each other, welcome people to learn about the
VM, and increase and share the knowledge about it in the community.
 Everybody can ask questions, everybody can help. This mailing list has more
or less the same idea of pharo-users or squeak-beginners.

Now, to clarify the objectives of the mailing list, we propose some
requirements:

- Be polite, respectful.
- No question is stupid and all questions are welcome. We welcome the most
basic questions someone can ask about the VM like,  "is it written in C?"
 "How can I download the code?"
- This mailing list should be useful for people that are just interested in
knowing a little about the VM, to those who want to know how certain things
are done, and specially for those that are learning about the VM because
they need to extend or modify it.
- If you have a heavy question, you will probably not get the answer in this
mailing-list but this is not a problem you can ask in the Squeak VM mailing
list.
- The idea is that we can help each other.

So, the link to the mailing list is:

Address:  vm-beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org.

Cheers