[Vm-dev] Recursive not understood error encountered

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:57:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi. I am still playing with Objects as methods, and I am having yet
> another kind of crash :(
> > This time, the image crash with the message "Recursive not understood
> error encountered".
> > I am completly sure that I am not putting ANY proxy for any method of
> DNU, so I don't understand why I get this error.
>
> Without understanding the details of what you're doing, let me offer
> this:

thanks Colin for the help.

> try looking for objects that don't inherit from Object.

Ok, there are objects that doesn't inherit from Object, and even my proxies
don't do that. But.....ProtoObject DOES understands the message
#doesNotUnderstand:

> Even if
> you aren't proxying #doesNotUnderstand:, you can get a recursive DNU
> if an object that doesn't understand #doesNotUnderstand:

there cannot be objects that don't understand #doesNotUnderstand:  since it
is implemented in ProtoObject.

> gets
> *another* message it doesn't understand.

Anyway, I will think if there can be a situation that happens what you
said...maybe there is.

Thanks a lot !

mariano