[Vm-dev] Compact class question

Gabriel Hernán Barbuto gbarbuto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:19:35 UTC 2010

Hi

I am working on writing an image to disk. If I understand correctly,
the size in words field in the one word header must take into account
the word for the header. I have a CompiledMethod instance that has 63
words of content plus at least one header word for a total of 64
words.

I think that I should write a three word header for this instance even
though its class is compact. Is this correct? Is it fine to have an
instance of compact class that doesn't have a one word header?

Thanks in advance.
Gabriel