[Vm-dev] Strange error while building stack vm

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Dec 30 13:02:48 UTC 2010

Hi John,

Why so grumpy? :-)

On Dec 30, John McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> The mac OS tree is not certified to work or even compile with the cog
> vm.

But if it doesn't work, that's a bug, right? And if it's a bug, this
list would be the place to bring it up, so we can figure out how to
fix it.

> In fact you should know that any vm built with the Mac OS tree and
> submitted to the osx app store will be rejected by apple

So? The Mac app store doesn't exist yet, and Cog isn't production
ready anyway. For now, folks are just trying to get a working Cog VM
for their own use. We'll worry about Apple's policies when the time
comes.

Colin