[Vm-dev] Compiling OSProcessPlugin for Cocoa Cog VM (Mac)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Dec 31 01:47:52 UTC 2010

This one is tricky and yes it's linked as an external plugin .
The problem is that it needs to be weak linked against the globals that contain the argv/c etc...

Further to this see

sqSqueakMainApp.m
#warning what about these guyes?
/*** Variables -- globals for access from pluggable primitives ***/
int		argCnt= 0;
char	**argVec= 0;
char	**envVec= 0;

which you need to properly hookup in

main.m
int main(int argc, char *argv[])

The warning is there because I didn't hook them up but just as soon as someone wanted to compile up the osprocess plugin.... (years later... )

Oh no doubt one should look at all the #warnings and ask John mmmm AND AND AND?

BTW to get it to link I had to do

OTHER_LDFLAGS = "-flat_namespace -undefined warning"

that will save oh a night of grief I think...

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882