[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] VMMaker metacello config for Squeak and Pharo

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 5 23:18:17 UTC 2010

Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Andreas Raab wrote:
>> Let's be a bit careful before jumping heads-on into the Metacello
>> frenzy.
>
> Somehow I knew before that you will respond like this ... ;)

Right. And that's the problem with prejudices. If you expect a response
of a certain form you'll find a way to interpret what's being said to
match your expectations even though the intention may have been
completely different.

What I was saying to David, not to you, is that we need to make sure
that we don't introduce any undue dependencies on Metacello. Given the
dependencies of Metacello itself I think there is an actual risk of that
happening and I simply wanted to remind David that it's important for us
to make sure VMMaker doesn't require Metacello.

BTW, it is unfair to spam your message to both Squeak-dev and the Pharo
list just to paint me as a nay-sayer in the community.

Cheers,
   - Andreas