[Vm-dev] Win32 VM building

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 15:24:15 UTC 2010

>Done.

Thanks!

>Odd. I either screwed up when setting it up or it was deleted
>accidentally. In any case your best starting point is probably the
>winbuild directory of one of the current file releases. They contain
>everything you need.

Yes, I know since I already know all of this.

But if one/a beginner works using the tutorial on "http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html"
it clearly says:

   1. one can use
       a) the file release or
       b) use the platform tree from trunk

   2. and that one should copy the platforms/win32/build directory
      that will work out of the box

So anything I request is that not only 1a) works in combination with 2,
but also 1b as the page says.

So we just need to put the stuff (*.rc files, ...) into platforms/win32/build and the tutorial is correct since even
with trunk it can work out of the box.

In the end we want people to build apps with Squeak. So we should make
even custom VM building easy - or at least so that it is aligned
with our own descriptions/tutorials. ;)

Bye
T.

--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02