[Vm-dev] Ubuntu Linux 9 and unix install

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 15 09:16:14 UTC 2010

Ok, I'm just trying to install squeak on Ubuntu linux 9.

when I do the make it seems to want to install sqUnixSoundPulseAudio although the readme says
something about OSS being the unix deault and pulse audio an optional install?

However on a base Ubuntu Linux 9 system when it attempts to compile sqUnixSoundPulseAudio.c
it freaks and gives
error: pulse/simple.h: No such file or directory
and we are dead...

So how do I configure it with either no sound?
Or pick some other sound
Or figure out how to get Sound pulse on Ubuntu to make the squeak make logic happy?

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882