[Vm-dev] Ubuntu Linux 9 and unix install

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Jan 15 10:14:19 UTC 2010

Well a bit further, I manually deleted the PseudoTTYPlugin from the make file and plugin directory
did sudo squeak install
but when I invoke squeak I get
could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
check that /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-6/vm-display-X11.so  exists, or
use the '-plugins <path>' optoin to tell me where it is, or
- remove DISPLAY from your environment

I note that DISPLAY is :0.0
/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-6/vm-display-X11   no '.so' exists

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882