[Vm-dev] Ubuntu Linux 9 and unix install

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 11:42:52 UTC 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 03:44:19 pm John M McIntosh wrote:
> but when I invoke squeak I get
> could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
> check that /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-6/vm-display-X11.so  exists, or
> use the '-plugins <path>' optoin to tell me where it is, or
> - remove DISPLAY from your environment
Which version are you using? It looks like the binary is picking up libraries
from an old installation.

You may want to test your build by running:
   $ ./squeak <image>

directly from the bld/ directory. This script will pick up plugins from
<plugin>/so.<plugin> (build area). It will print the plugin paths on the
console so you can verify the locations.

Subbu