[Vm-dev] a Small feedback for the VM usability

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jan 28 22:54:16 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-22, at 2:00 AM, Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I begin to use the 5.4b1 64-32bit with pharo-core.
> And I have two small improvements to propose for usability:
>
> - since in 4.2.2, the mouse-pointer changes when I resize a window, in 5.4b1, this behavior has desappeared. It would be really cool to have it :)

I don't have any code samples that show how this should be done. I did alter the code so that it changes the cursor to an arrow if you click in the area where the resize box would be. Also
then reverts back to squeak cursor after you unclick.

> - The second thing is: when I use my big screen, I open the window in large. So when I save and quit, then I open my image on my small screen, the height is automatically resized, but not the width.
>
> So, maybe you already know these things. Do you have a bug-report for vm ?

that would be the squeak mantis/bug reporting system.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882