[Vm-dev] fullscreen patch for Maemo 5 in N900

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 09:48:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

I had to apply the attached patch to vm-driver-x11/sqUnixX11.c to get squeakvm
to work correctly in fullscreen mode Maemo 5. Without this patch, the window
manager scales the screen to squeeze in a input panel/status bar along the
bottom at random.

While tracing the problem, I noticed that the driver code does not set
properties like _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE or _NET_WM_STATE used by modern window
managers and recommended by specs (http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-
spec/1.4/ar01s05.html).

Has anyone else faced issues with fullscreen mode when porting to smaller
devices like N900 or Android?

Subbu