[Vm-dev] Why do I seem to need C++?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 06:53:53 UTC 2010

Please forgive, I'm a total noob with regard to the VM. I wound up
hosing my Linux VM last night, needed to roll back, and after getting
weird errors when using prebuilt binaries (something is weird on my
box now, I haven't narrowed it down, but I'd bet money it's my own
damned fault,) I finally decided to just build one from source.

Built bins are nice when they work, but source code, now that I can make work:)

Everything worked out that way and I'm happy and Squeaking again, but
I noted something odd: Cmake seemed to want to know where my C++
compiler was? I installed g++ and then the configure completed
happily, but: why do I need a C++ compiler? Doesn't VMMaker emit C?

I'm confused. Often this is my whole problem:)

--
Casey Ransberger