[Vm-dev] MessageTally broken in Cog

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 4 17:12:20 UTC 2010

Eliot,

I noticed that MessageTally was broken in Cog (which may or may not have
anything to do with Coc).  It broke in MessageTally>>#spyEvery:on: inside
the following code:

	"Collect gc statistics"
	SmalltalkImage current getVMParameters keysAndValuesDo: [ :idx :gcVal |
		gcStats at: idx put: (gcVal - (gcStats at: idx))].

gcVal was nil for index 4.  I looked at all the VMParameters and there are
several nil values.  Is this a Cog thing?  Should all VMParameters be
non-nil?  Should MessageTally change to protect against nil values?

Thanks,
Rob

----
The Modern Whig Party of Virginia - http://vawhigs.org