[Vm-dev] Merging SqueakVM and CogVM

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jul 8 00:59:30 UTC 2010

On 7/7/2010 5:33 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:
> There are some new api which should be in the host window plugin. They are
> ioGetWindowLabel, ioSetWindowLabelOfSize, ioGetWindowWidth, ioGetWindowHeight,
> ioSetWindowWidthHeight, ioIsWindowObscured
> Someone should define what they do and build a new hostwindow plugin

Correct. Should be dropped from the merge.

> There is a new file plugin api
> dir_EntryLookup   someone should define what it does

Effectively stat(), i.e., looks up a single entry only and returns its
info instead of having to enumerate an entire directory to find the
correct entry (gets to be a real pain when the directory contains 1000+
files). *Extremely* useful if you operate on directories with lots of
files and do stuff like #assureExistence etc.

> Mouse events pass back a new parm nrClicks, but I don't know what it is.

Double-click detection (using the OS timeouts). Personally I don't like
this implementation very much; I'd rather use a different event type or
a bit someplace else.

> VM Parms for 1005 pass Aqua back but I'm not sure what it's for  http://isqueak.org/getAttributeIntoLength

Don't recall.

> The SoundPlugin has a bunch of new API calls, I ignore them, someone can define what they should be...

Ignore them. We left them in since we were too lazy to do yet another
cleanup path before the release.

Cheers,
   - Andreas