Cog on FreeBSD (Re: [Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Cog on linux)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jul 15 13:43:36 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Frank" == Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at angband.za.org> writes:

Frank> /usr/home/frank/temp/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixHeartbeat.c:383: error:
Frank> PTHREAD_ERRORCHECK_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP' undeclared here (not in a function)

Frank> FreeBSD's pthread.h doesn't contain this #define. In fact, nothing in
Frank> /usr/include does. I'll investigate further!

Ewww.  Why do people presume everything's Linux like that?

I've seen some tun/tap code like that too.  Yup, tun/tap have been
ported everywhere (even works on my OSX box), but then people use
Linux'isms on top of that, and I can't use it (yes, I'm looking at you,
"socat").