[Vm-dev] Pragmas in VMMaker (was: Cryptography plugins

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Jul 21 07:42:06 UTC 2010

On 7/20/2010 7:10 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> The current VMMaker for SqueakVM does not use or support pragmas
> (method annotations). Converting to pragmas makes VMMaker unloadable
> in older Squeak images.

But these Squeak images won't run on the generated VM either. There is a
point and a time when it's worthwhile to move forward and given that
we've just hit a new major version in Squeak it seems quite reasonable
to say that the VMMaker 4 series requires Squeak 4 to run on.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
   - Andreas