[Vm-dev] debugging info

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 16:17:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Rob Withers <reefedjib at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  So I should run CroquetUnstripped.exe to debug?  I am a little confused
> by all the binaries.

You can use either Croquet.exe or CroquetUnstripped.exe.  If footprint is a
concern you deploy Croquet.exe and (if needed to debug in the field) grab a
copy of CroquetUnstripped.exe, gdb Croquet.exe and say (gdb) file
CroquetUnstripped.exe.  If footprint isn't a concern just use
CroquetUnstripped.exe.

The CroquetConsole.exe & its unstripped twin are there because WIndows
divides binaries into those that run in their own window (effectively with
no stdio) and those that in a console with stdio.

HTH
Eliot