[Vm-dev] I think I've found a bug in the 64-bit Squeak VM memory compactor

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Jun 15 08:02:13 UTC 2010

PS the reason why David thundered into this is because

(a) on a 32bit system with 32bit image the oops start address is never zero, base is constant 0
(b) on a 64bit system with 64bit image the oops start address is never zero, base is zero
(c) on a 64bit system with 32bit image the oops start address is zero, offset by the mmap as the base
(d) on a 32bit system with 64bit image the oops start address is never zero (and the image size would be less than the 32bit address range), base is constant zero

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882