[Vm-dev] a Cog branch

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:05:36 UTC 2010

I don't know, what else arguments could convince people to switch to DCVS.
Multiple people presented their concerns here.
And in summary, i want to emphasize this:

- i made the patch
- i want make it available and easy to find and merge by others
- i don't have to worry that it will rot on my hard disk

So, Andreas, it is not about explosion of forks, it is about making
our life easier
and progressing faster.

And for Cog , i think , this is the _right time_ to do it now.
Because currently it doesn't have a public repository, so why not?

Right now, a situation is unpleasant. Any patch, no matter how userful it is
is doomed to be rot and forgotten, if its not included into 'official'
repository.
It is also complicating a workflow for those, who want to try it out
and give feedback.
The patch author have to find the way how to deliver his patches to
public. This is showstopper.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.