[Vm-dev] a Cog branch

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 13:26:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:18:19AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >
> > So I'm strongly in favor of switching to a DCVS. I personally only ever
> > used git, but since hg supposedly has better x-platform support that
> > would be fine too (the Windows devs should speak up). Wouldn't be
> > opposed to bzr either.
> >

> I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I have to say that
> right now would be a poor time to consider major changes to the
> infrastructure unless there is a *truly* compelling reason to
> do so.

I think the opposite :)  It's a wonderful opportunity to learn. When I
started working on the Linux kernel, I've learned a lot because all patches
go through the Linux Kernel Mailing List (thanks to Git), discussed,
reviewed, integrated in experimental branches and finally in official one.

A real force of Git infrastructure is to bring visibility. Cog is here,
let's learn, play and contribute easily.

Cheers,

Laurent