[Vm-dev] My gotchas, when building win32 vm
siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:45:39 UTC 2010
If you read the squeak-dev, i decided to build VM from the latest
After few problems caused by changes in the trunk image, i finally was
able to load VMMaker and started building.
I followed instructions precisely (found in platforms/win32/docs):
- copied contents of plaftorms/win32/build into <my own dir>
- set VMMaker output path to <my own dir>/src
- run from command line:
cd <my own dir>
Here, the problems i ran into:
- OSProcess plugin for win32, seems like paths is not set correctly.
gcc -o ../.././obj/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.o -g
-mpentium -mwindows -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-fschedule-insns2 -O2 -I. -Ic:/dx7sdk/include -I../.././src/vm
-DWIN32_FILE_SUPPORT -DNO_SERVICE -DNO_STD_FILE_SUPPORT -DNDEBUG
-DLSB_FIRST -DVM_NAME=\"\" -DX86 -DSQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN -c
FilePlugin.h: No such file or directory
SocketPlugin.h: No such file or directory
(i excluded it from build)
then, while linking:
- FT2Plugin (internal): many undefined references to freetype library symbols
- FT2Plugin (external): had to clean up a previously built .obj files
which left from my attempt of building internal plugin, in order to
build .dll correctly
- QuicktimePlugin(internal): undefined references to stQuicktimeXXXXX symbols.
(I remember that i had never ever got chances to make it working on my
win32 build. So i just excluded it from build).
Finally i having the built VM and two dlls: for FFI and freetype. :)
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.
More information about the Vm-dev