[Vm-dev] My gotchas, when building win32 vm

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 8 16:40:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 05:45:39PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> - OSProcess plugin for win32, seems like paths is not set correctly.

> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:39:
> FilePlugin.h: No such file or directory
> ../.././src/Win32OSProcessPlugin/Win32OSProcessPlugin.c:40:
> SocketPlugin.h: No such file or directory

OSPP includes SocketPlugin.h and FilePlugin.h, which are located in the
subdirectories for those two plugins (somewhere under Cross). You can
either copy them into the Win32OSProcessPlugin subdirectory by hand, or
fix the makefile to add some suitable "-I" flag (look in platforms/unix
for an example).

Be aware that OSPP for win32 is not fully functional compared to the unix
version, and also has a conflict with respect to the file handle registry
in the win32 FilePlugin handle registry (on win32, OSPP cannot reference
handles that are not created by FilePlugin, as needs for pipe handles etc).

> (i excluded it from build)

OSPP is not normally distributed with the windows VM, so unless you are
building it for your own purposes, you can exclude it.