[Vm-dev] Squeak Win32 VM update (3.11.8)

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Thu Mar 11 10:21:20 UTC 2010

I know your time is limited but

1. You forgot to change the value of "ProductVersion" in Squeak.rc.
   It is still 3.11.4, so if one right clicks the exe on windows
   its still showing the old version.

2. Did you find the time to look at the service registration? You
   asked for a documentation and I found something in MSDN.
   As I wrote in [1] maybe the CreateService API is able to solve
   the problem...

3. The "build" directory in trunk still does not contain the
   *.rc files - so the documentation is still invalid when
   one tries to follow the instructions from squeakvm.org
   which says it works out of the box just by copying this directory
   (see [2] for my last question to you on this)

4. Why a 3.11.8 and not 3.11.6 ?

Sorry for bugging you - but we should make it easy to build
the VM also on windows (especially after these two new posts [3]/[4]
about building the VM on Linux and OSX).

Thanks and bye
T.

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2009-November/003358.html
[2] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2010-February/003940.html