Freetype plugin archive (was: [Vm-dev] Problems with building a freetype plugin on linux)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat May 1 18:31:25 UTC 2010

On 01.05.2010, at 18:31, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 03:31:51AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> On 28.04.2010, at 02:59, David T. Lewis wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure who is the maintainer of FT2Plugin. I have the VMMaker
>>> configuration map pointing at source.impara.de/freetype, but I'm not
>>> sure if this is being actively maintained.
>>
>> The impara repo is definitely unmaintained.
>>
>> Michael probably intended to migrate that to
>>
>> 	http://www.squeaksource.com/Freetype.html
>>
>> but we never got around to it.
>>
>> I don't see the plugin sources anywhere else (Andy's "Freetype Plus"
>> repo seems to not have it). Might be best to migrate into VMMaker?
>
> Bert,
>
> Do you know if the rest of the stuff in http://source.impara.de/freetype/
> still has value (or has it been superceded by Freetype Plus)?

Honestly I don't remember. The Sophie folks should know better, they were the latest users I think. Or is it used in Pharo now?

> If yes then
> I would rather move it all to SqS/Freetype and let the plugin be maintained
> there. Assuming that you can get administrative access to it and add me as
> a developer, I'll be glad to do the copying.

The impara repos are all read-only, not actively used any more. And I'm not admin on

	http://www.squeaksource.com/Freetype.html

so if you want to use that, Michael needs to add you. Or ... Mike, how about you just delete that empty repository?

> On the other hand if the plugin is the only issue, I'll go ahead and
> move it into the VMMaker package.

I'd think that any default VM package should have at least a copy in the VM repo.

> Do you know if it is MIT licensed?

I can't imagine what else it could be, though let Michael confirm it (cc'ed).

- Bert -