[Vm-dev] CMake for Windows?

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Sun May 9 11:24:11 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 May 2010 18:21, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>>
>> Geoffroy,
>>
>> I have not tried your CMake build yet (sorry), but building a range
>> of Windows and Unix VMs on a single build host sounds like a very
>> useful thing. Well done! I'm curious what others think of the idea.
>>

> I think its a good idea of having a least common denominator for building VMs.

Then, I'll continue to fix my CMake scripts :)

Can I send my patches for the rest of the sources right now? I'm not
using the same compiler version for the win32 VM (I have gcc 4.2.1
here), and it doesn't build out of the box. On the bright side, I
think I can remove a lot of code from the VM, because MinGW fixed a
lot of their headers since gcc 3.4.

Also, now DirectDraw and DirectInput headers and import lib (from
DirectX 8) are provided by MinGW. Any good reason to keep the Squeak
Win32 tools package, now that it's obsolete?

What are the supported Windows versions? I could clean up some code if
I remove parts specific to win95 and win2000.

Best regards,

Geoffroy