[Vm-dev] squeak 4.1 no mouse pointer in ubuntu 10.04

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon May 10 10:07:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:57:51AM +0200, Wolfgang Eder wrote:

> hello,
> i have installed squeak4.1 from
> http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.sh
> (i had to do a sudo sh Squeak-4.0.3.2202-linux_i386.sh)
> under ubuntu 10.04.
> everything seems to work ok except i do not see a mouse pointer
> when the cursor enters the window.
> the mouse works ok, i can use world menu etc, just without
> the pointer.
>
> can anybody give me a hint of what might be wrong?

I have not ever heard of this happening, so I can't say what it
might be. Can you say if the problem is associated with the VM
or with the image? In other words, if you run some other Squeak
image using this same VM, does it work? Or if you install a
different version of the VM, does the Squeak 4.1 image work?