[Vm-dev] Re: Freetype plugin archive

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue May 11 11:58:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:57 AM, laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
> marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>  I think you're right. I will add this description.
>>>
>>> Indeed, with easy_squeakvm script you have reproducibility (all is
>>> automated, explicit svn rev. and ConfigurationOfVMMaker).
>>>

>> Yes, it is reproduceable. But it is the same, in the Conf version, I need
>> the version of easy_squeakvm script as you will commit after.
>>

> ? 1 version of easy_squeakvm uses automatically the right squeakvm revision
> and the right version of ConfigurationOfVMMaker. So the reference is
> not ConfigurationOfVMMaker nor squeakvm sources, but easy_squeakvm itself.

There as a misunderstood. I know easy_squeakvm is completly reproducible.
What I was saying is that someone that DOES NOT use easy_squeakvm should be
reproducible too ;)
Putting the SVN revision in the Metacello version helps with this.

>> easy_squeakvm  is linux specific...so I would put the svn version, not
>> easy_squeakvm script  ;)
>>

> Yes it's true. But I think it's easily portable to MacOSX as it's a Unix
> system.
>
> As there's some work on the Windows VM build to use CMake if I understand,
> with cygwin we can have it too.
>
> And then we can automatically generate the One-Click archive from scratch
> ;p

sounds cool. If I have time I will try easy_squeakvm  in my Mac...