[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] My permanent source of confusion and therefore bugs

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:56:41 UTC 2010

>> Why not create some more comprehensible aliases for your own use and get e.g. Slang to translate them to the form you find hard to distinguish?
>>
> Yeah... i could do that. But you know.. i'm not a big fan of aliased methods.
>
> NBInterpreterProxy methodDict size 149
>
> if i start adding aliases, it will go an go more and more. And,
> usually, the more things you adding , the harder to
> figure out, what you need.

But igor this is a really good idea to migrate slowly API.
You have the old and you build slowly the new, but on the side of the old and you slowly replace the old senders
and remove the old API. Now if you do not design the new then the old will stay there forever.
So please start proposing a new API.

Stef