[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] how to change the default size of the Pharo host windows?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:36:07 UTC 2010

On 18 May 2010 22:17, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>>
>> cool we could turn them into nice query methods with semantics revealing names :)
>
> I would just use a SHaredPool with class variables appropriately named, e.g.
> SharedPool subclass: #VMParameterNames
> instanceVariableNames: ''
> classVariableNames: '... ImageFormatVersion ...'
> VMParameterNames class methods for initialization
> initialize
> ImageFormatVersion := 41
> then a client would use things like
> Smalltalk image vmParameterAt: ImageFormatVersion
> These are for very special uses and I don't really like the idea of making access to them too easy.

With such excuse, were ending up with a hacky shell scripts - an
ultimately afwul way to access
these attributes. It should be easier :)

Its been always easy to make a mess:
Array setFormat: 88888.
Array new.
bye-bye vm & image.

Just give developers freedom, and then it is their own responsibility
to not make mess out of it, not yours.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.