[Vm-dev] Compile VM for 32-bit or 64-bit image from one code base (was: VM Maker: VMMaker-dtl.173.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 19 22:02:52 UTC 2010

This really belongs in the VMMaker inbox, but we don't have one
of those so I uploaded it to SqS/VMMaker. If it causes problems,
I appreciate if someone can do an update from VMMaker-dtl.172
and make this VMMaker-dtl.173 a branch. I may be out of town
for a few days, so don't ask my permission.

The purpose of this change is to move all of the BytesPerWord
dependent stuff out to compile-time macros, enabling a single
generated code base to produce VMs for either 32-bit or 64-bit
image formats.

Dave