[Vm-dev] Re: RoarVM: The Manycore SqueakVM

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Nov 3 16:45:22 UTC 2010

On 03/11/10 9:13 AM, Stefan Marr wrote:

> A small teaser:
>    1 core   66286897 bytecodes/sec;  2910474 sends/sec
>    8 cores 470588235 bytecodes/sec; 19825677 sends/sec

I'm trying to understand what is meant by this benchmark. How does
tinyBenchmarks get run on 8 cores. How does the work get distributed
among the cores. But I cannot find the answer quickly - see below.

> For more detailed information, please refer to the README file[3].

The links take you to the ACM portal. One promising link on the portal:
     DLS '09 Proceedings of the 5th symposium on Dynamic languages
is a dead link to HPI (www.uni-potsdam.de). I doubt I want to subscribe
to ACM portal at this point, just to find out more about RoarVM. And,
given that ACM portal is the only place to find out more, I doubt I'm
going to look at RoarVM for any more than the brief glance through the
github source that I've already done.