[Vm-dev] VM packaging for Cog transition

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 8 19:43:50 UTC 2010

On 11/8/2010 3:35 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> To be clear, the intent is to provide both Cog and the interpreter VM.

Agree. I think the first step is to unify the support code. I.e., when
it's all said and done we should have a structure roughly along the
lines of:

platforms/
	Cross/
	Unix/
	Mac/
	Win/
src-interp/
src-jit/

etc. and the *only* difference should be in the src-interp vs. src-jit
directories. In which case we can decide what to build based on the
selecting the appropriate interp/jit source directory.

Cheers,
   - Andreas